Don’t waste any old t-shirts that you no longer wear. You can still use them and save money on scented dusting rags for your furniture.
With a few simple ingredients from your kitchen cupboards and things you have around your home, you can make these all natural dusting cloths.
· 3 cups of filtered water
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon vinegar
· 10 drops lemon essential oil
· 10 drops orange essential oil
· 10 drops lavender essential oil
· 4 old t-shirts or towels, cut into quarters
1. Pour into a clean spray bottle and shake well.
2. Generously spray each square until slightly damp, but not soaking wet. Shake the bottle well between each application to evenly distribute the oil on each cloth.
3. Roll up the cloth pieces and put them in air-tight glass or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, not metal, as it may degrade the scented oils.
4. Use for dusting and polishing wood furniture.
5. Wash dirty cloths in hot water with a mild detergent and allow to dry, then reuse them whenever you need to dust any furniture in the future.
The amount of liquid in this recipe should be enough to make two batches of dusting cloths.
Essential Oils can be purchased at a reasonable price from your local Dichem or Checkers Pharmacy.